Fibers & Fabrics
This Fibers & Fabrics course is ideal for not only the production staff, but also for the customer service representatives that often handle garments of all types. This course will help you further focus and hone your skills.
An additional benefit is a section pertaining to general cleaning and pressing of garments constructed of various fibers.
This course covers:
- Types of Fibers
- Natural Fibers
- Man-Made Fibers
- How to identify fibers when there is no label
- How fabrics are constructed into different types of weaves including basket, plain, twill and satin weaves.
- Construction and characteristics of knit, velvet and corduroy fabrics
- The various finishes that are added to fabrics to enhance their appearance or performance such as starches, sizing, flame retardants, and water proofing and others.
- Beads, sequins, and other decorative additions.
- How fabrics are treated with dyes, pigments, and brighteners to give them color.
- How to test fabric dyes and pigments for bleeding or loss of color before cleaning them.
- Care labeling requirements and care symbols.
- Engaging mentor to guide you through the course
- Visually appealing content layout
- Easy navigation and content progression
- Mobile friendly design
- Final exam to prove mastery
- Certificate of completion
$139 for Members